We want you to understand how we use and protect your data.
Terms & Definitions
About Jewish Healthcare Foundation
The Jewish Healthcare Foundation is a grantmaking foundation with three operating arms: the Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative (PRHI), Health Careers Futures (HCF), and the Women's Health Activist Movement Global (WHAMglobal). Through our research, education and training, grantmaking, program management, and event execution, we work to move our region and nation to patient care that is as perfect as possible in decision making, execution, and outcome.
How to contact us
Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing us at: Jewish Healthcare Foundation
650 Smithfield Street #2400 Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Information We Collect on Our Own Behalf
- Personally Identifiable Information: When you engage in certain activities on the Sites or use Services, such as contacting us, registering for our mailing list, making a purchase or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities; however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), e-mail address, employer, job title and department, telephone numbers, and other personally identifying information. Depending upon your activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
This website also uses Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager and newsletter distribution tracking software which collects information like opening, scrolling, clicks, and keystroke activity (in some cases). We may also use these technologies to collect information regarding a Visitor or User’s interaction with email messages, such as whether the Visitor or User opens, clicks on, or forwards a message. If you wish to opt-out of tracking by us, you can do so by unsubscribing from the newsletter. To opt-out of Google Analytics tracking, please visit
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including PII, from third parties, staff and sources other than the Sites. If we combine or associate information from other sources with PII that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as PII in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use Your Information
We will primarily use your Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) to provide our services to you, as requested by you or as required by any agreements between us and you. We will also use PII to enhance the operation of our Site and improve our marketing and promotional efforts. Below are some of the other ways we may use collected information:
- Promotions: We may send you promotional emails, including invitations to events that we believe you may be interested in. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt out of them by using an unsubscribe function in the email.
- Site Analysis: We use the information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our visitors and users, to improve the Sites, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality. Should these purposes require us to process PII, then the data will only be used in anonymized or aggregated form.
- Personalize Content: We use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Sites through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalize our communications, such as remembering a user’s or visitor’s information so that the user or visitor will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits; (ii) provide customized content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of programs (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your access to content, submissions, subscriptions and status in any promotions or other activities on the Site. You can obtain more information about cookies by visiting
How We Disclose Your Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose the PII that we collect or store without the consent of the applicable visitor or user. We may disclose information to other JHF Affiliates or, third parties including registration, subscription fulfillment, and event management, as more fully described below:
- Servers & Cache: We will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of JHF and Affiliates (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our Sites, such as posting comments on a blog page, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our Sites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Sites, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
- Contracted Third Parties: We work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process PII as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Legal Circumstances: We may disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Data or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of JHF and Affiliates and any facilities or equipment used by us, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
How We Protect Your Information
We are concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. Your information collected through the Sites is stored and processed in the United States.
When you enter sensitive information (such as log in credentials) on our registration forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event that personal information is compromised by a breach of security, we will promptly notify our subscribers in compliance with applicable law. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Choices about Your Information
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the PII that you may have provided through your use of the Sites. If you wish to access or amend any other PII we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from other sources, you may contact us as set forth firstname.lastname@example.org. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your PII, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
You may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Site by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature. If you receive promotional emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Sites.
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
We are committed to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. EU Subjects with questions or concerns about the use of their Personal Data should contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by us, EU Individuals and Data Subjects should go to http://bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information or to file a complaint.
Our Retention of Your Information
If you have an account with us, we will not delete your information unless you instruct us to do so. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
This website is not directed at children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for promotional or other business related purposes, to you via email, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on the Sites, as we determine in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
Links to Other Web Sites
California law permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Notice” in the subject line.