Young Innovators Healthcare Fellowship
Design solutions for today’s healthcare challenges - apply today for summer 2021
Join this summer's Young Innovators Healthcare Fellowship: an eight-week experience for high schoolers in the Pittsburgh region to explore healthcare careers and design technology solutions to a current healthcare problem.
This fellowship - hosted by Liftoff PGH and the Jewish Healthcare Foundation - will provide students with a collaborative and creative environment to:
- Gain entrepreneurial, solution-oriented thinking skills
- Engage with young professional mentors to learn about diverse careers in health
- Learn about the role of technology & innovation in rethinking health care
- Collaborate with peers to design an innovative solution
The program is planned to be virtual and will run for eight weeks – starting Thursday, June 17th, and concluding on Thursday, August 5th. Additionally, the fellowship is at no cost to students.
Students interested in physical and mental health, STEM/STEAM, technology and innovation, and those looking to boost their resume will also be able to highlight their participation in the fellowship with a certificate of completion.
Applications are now open. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications close on May 15.Apply Today
High school students in Allegheny County interested in physical and mental health, STEM/STEAM, technology and innovation, and those looking to boost their resume will also be able to highlight their participation in the fellowship with a certificate of completion.
Thursdays 5:30 - 7:30 PM from June 17 to August 5.
- June 17th from 5:30 – 7:30 PM ET
- June 24th from 5:30 – 7:30 PM ET
- July 1st from 5:30 – 7:30 PM ET (Optional Working Session)
- July 8th from 5:30 – 7:30 PM ET
- July 15th from 5:30 – 7:30 PM ET
- July 22nd from 5:30 – 7:30 PM ET
- July 29th from 5:30 – 7:30 PM ET
- August 5th from 5:30 – 7:30 PM ET (Finale Session)
The meetings will be hosted virtually via Zoom.
There may be opportunities for in-person collaboration (TBD and probably will be small groups only).
There is no cost to participate in the fellowship.
The Young Innovators Healthcare Fellowship has rolling admission. You should hear back from us within 1-2 weeks of submitting your application.